Sunday, January 1, 2012

Comments on New Years St. Pete 2012

Our sail on Saturday was good, but the wind was quite soft and we just cruised around for a bit. We came back around 5 and saw a bunch of boats getting into position for the 9 pm and midnight fireworks. We saw a Gemini catamaran called Whiskey Talk (I think) and I got out my binocs to check out his boat. I saw him looking at me with his binocs and so I waved. I don't think he waved back though.

We went to Fresco's after walking around a bit looking for a place to eat. Since I usually am not picky, we ended up going to eat appetizers at the bar and it was excellent. Gotta give it 5 stars for the coconut shrimp, garlic shrimp and the salmon pizza. We headed back to the boat and watched the 9 pm fireworks. We went to bed on 3Sum and were gently awakened to the midnight fireworks.

We have to agree that St. Pete is one of the coolest cities and has some awesome sailing potential. I wish we didn't live so far away. It would be nice to just go down to the boat and go for a quick sail instead of having to drive for a couple hours.

I have to say that waking up to a bright blue sky for new year was great. I walked to Starbucks and carried 2 large coffees 5 blocks and didn't spill much. A bit tricky, but I used to bartend, so I'm pretty good at this. We ate breakfast on 3Sum and enjoyed another boat's alarm clock going off for about an hour. We walked to the pier, checked out Southern Cross and washed the bird sh*t off 3Sum. Since there was no wind, we headed over to Bradenton to check out the marina and our potential first destination trip.

I was proud of Lisa as she actually slept on 3Sum. I can sleep pretty much anywhere, so it wasn't a big deal. Now, back to the real world. Uhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment